VMware Cloud Community
kolliparadeepa1
Contributor
Contributor

vSphere Flash EOL

Hi,

As all of you must be aware, Adobe flash is EOL. We are still running vSphere 6.0 and as of today we lost access to the WEB UI, we are still working on an upgrade. Is there a work around to access the UI till we upgrade?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
vxprthu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HI,

You can use old browsers with flash to access your environment. If you put it into a jail vm that will provide a kind of secure environment.

Regards,

Blog: vxprt.hu
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@kolliparadeepa1 

This may help (along with the links within): https://blogs.vmware.com/vsphere/2020/04/vsphere-web-client-support-beyond-adobe-flash-eol.html

Here's another article on the topic: https://www.virtuallyghetto.com/2020/10/adobe-flash-is-going-away-is-your-vmware-environment-and-it-...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
kolliparadeepa1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Scott, yes I did go through those posts.

0 Kudos
kolliparadeepa1
Contributor
Contributor

You have any recommendation for such browsers?

0 Kudos
kolliparadeepa1
Contributor
Contributor

I have an old 32 bit Flash setup file from May 2019, I uninstalled the current version and installed that version. Now I am unable to login to vSphere 6.0 web UI

0 Kudos
vxprthu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HI, 

If you have affinity, there are another options by downloading a small linux image for example from here: link
You can run it on your desktop in virtual box, they are very small. Installing flash is easy, you can found guides for different distributions. 

for ubuntu: link

for centos, redhat, fedora: link 

Regards

Blog: vxprt.hu
0 Kudos
depping
Leadership
Leadership

Hopefully, this also stresses internally that staying up to date is important. Especially on a platform which is still supported.

0 Kudos