VMware Cloud Community
Bilal233
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vSphere Essential Kit Query

Hi , i just wants to confirm that can i apply vsphere essential kit on host that have 4 socket , basically i have two servers , 1 have 2 socket and other one have 4 socket .

does vsphere essential kit work in this scenario?

one more , my current environment is on vsphere 6.5 version , can vsphere essential kit 7 license be apply on it or i need to buy vsphere essential kit 6.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

... does vsphere essential kit work in this scenario?

I'm not sure whether using a 4 socket server will work, but even if it's possible from a technical point of view, I will most likely violate the license agreement, which allows 3 host with up to 2 CPUs.

can vsphere essential kit 7 license be apply on it or i need to buy vsphere essential kit 6.

No, but you can downgrade licenses (and later upgrade them again) in your My VMware portal to get the required license keys.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

... does vsphere essential kit work in this scenario?

I'm not sure whether using a 4 socket server will work, but even if it's possible from a technical point of view, I will most likely violate the license agreement, which allows 3 host with up to 2 CPUs.

can vsphere essential kit 7 license be apply on it or i need to buy vsphere essential kit 6.

No, but you can downgrade licenses (and later upgrade them again) in your My VMware portal to get the required license keys.

André

0 Kudos
Bilal233
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi , yes i know its violation , but i just wants to confirm does this kit workable or not otherwise i move to standard license .

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

If you know it's a violation, you shouldn't be doing it even if it works.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos