VMware Cloud Community
andvm
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

vSphere Cluster Service VMs

On all Clusters I have an Issue logged: "vSphere DRS functionality was impacted due to unhealthy state vSphere Cluster Services caused by the unavailability of vSphere Cluster Service VMs. vSphere Cluster Service VMs are required to maintain the health of vSphere DRS"

vCLS Folder is empty for all Clusters (No VM's) (logged in with user that is member of Administrators Group)

We do not use DRS - How can I verify why we got this Issue logged if I am not seeing the vCLS VM's?

Tried the below link but cannot find the answer https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/79892

0 Kudos
7 Replies
christianZ
Champion
Champion

0 Kudos
depping
Leadership
Leadership

which version are you running?

0 Kudos
andvm
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

vCenter 7.0.2 Build 18455184

ESXI's are different according cluster, starting from 6.5 up to 7.0.0 16324942

It might be just me needing to understand how all this works but not seeing the VMs along with that error on all Clusters thought it was not good.

0 Kudos
andvm
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

looks like this maybe the reason:

"vSphere Cluster Services (vCLS) is a new feature in vSphere 7.0 Update 1. "

but then what should I do ignore the error and folder etc for all Clusters?

Should I expect these VMs to auto get created once all Hosts in Cluster are updated to vSphere 7.0 Update 1 ? (And error to clear up)

0 Kudos
depping
Leadership
Leadership

yes these VMs will be created in every cluster, whether you use DRS or not. Sometimes during upgrades it doesn't work. Usually when you finish the upgrade it still completes. So go through the full upgrade first and then see what happens.

0 Kudos
christianZ
Champion
Champion

Hi,

the vCLS vms will be created automatically for each cluster (6.5 also), if updating VC from 7.0 to higher version.

Checking this by us, having  Esxi 6.5 cluster also  and there are now vCLS vms too.

If you create a new cluster, then the vcsl vm will be created by moving the first esx host into it.

Reg

Christian Z.

0 Kudos
andvm
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Ok so safe to ignore this alert for all Clusters....

WIll do the updates of one of the Clusters and see if related VM's do get auto created and error clears up.

Thanks

0 Kudos