VMware Cloud Community
U1301
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vSphere Clinet V5.0 Can't find scheduled backup task

Hi,

I realise this is probably a daft question, and my system is out of date, but if anyone can help I would appreciate it.  A snapshot is being created on one of our virtual machines which I need to disable but I can't find the task.

If I goto Tasks & Events, then scheduled tasks it is blank.  I thought the snapshots were managed by the Netapp San but the snap schedules are disabled on this.

Can anyone suggest where to look please?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Well, if it's not in Scheduled Tasks then it's probably being driven by an external system. You can look in the vCenter Events pane to see what accounts are logging in and from where just before that snapshot occurs (look at the VM events to find when that is) and maybe that'll help identify it. And for heaven's sake, please update your ancient vSphere Smiley Happy

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Well, if it's not in Scheduled Tasks then it's probably being driven by an external system. You can look in the vCenter Events pane to see what accounts are logging in and from where just before that snapshot occurs (look at the VM events to find when that is) and maybe that'll help identify it. And for heaven's sake, please update your ancient vSphere Smiley Happy

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

0 Kudos
U1301
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply and for your help.  I think we've found it from that.

And yes, we will :smileyblush:

0 Kudos