VMware Cloud Community
cforest
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vSphere Client: console for any virtual machine becomes available with significant delay

Hi there,

I tried to google this issue, but didn't find any relevant cases, despite the fact that I observe this issue for several years.

In vSphere Client, it takes significant delay to get to a given virtual machine's console. A typical use case: уou open vSphere Client, get to your virtual machine and click Console tab. It takes some time to get the console.

Sometimes, the following trick helps: you move from one virtual machine to another, click Console tab for this machine, then get back to you first machine. From time to time, it helps to get the console. Sometimes, it does not help, and you have to try this trick one more time.

There is no specific for any given virtual machine. The same behavior for any virtual machine on several ESXi hosts I am using.

The question: what is the reason for this slowness, and is it possible to cope with it? Any settings in configs? Anything else?

P.S. Some more info:

1. Versions: vSphere Client: 6.0.0, vSphere ESXi: 6.0.0
  2. ESXi servers are powerful, no shortage on memory or CPU
  3. The desktop with vSphere Client is powerful, as well.
  4. Attached is the screenshot in case my message is unclear.

Thanks,

cforest

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

VMware KB: Virtual machine remote console screen takes up to a minute to display

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=205369...

cforest
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Ranchuab, it seems to work. Thank you!

0 Kudos