VMware Cloud Community
artidino12
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vSphere 6 std OEM Cisco License upgrade to vSphere 7 std

Hi,

Recently i purchase 4 Cisco UCS server with vsphere 6 std OEM license. I register the licenses in Redemption portal. In My VMware, i can see the license registered. The license has come withsupport contract and i can see in the license detail. I try to upgrade the license to vSphere 7 std, but is not possible (i don´t see vsphere 6 license when select the option to upgrade license).

It's posible that can not ugrade the esxi 6 to esxi7 license?

Thanks!

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

VMware Support and Subscription services? (SnS)

If your “support” is not VMware’s SnS you might not have the upgrade entitlement.

You might need to talk with Cisco about this.

See what replies you get from other users here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hey @artidino12 

To be honest is it possible to do it but on the portal you have to check if the subscription and production support is active. If you do not see it in the portal as active I recommend you to contact VMware for help or your vendor who provided the hardware and the OEM licenses.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

VMware Support and Subscription services? (SnS)

If your “support” is not VMware’s SnS you might not have the upgrade entitlement.

You might need to talk with Cisco about this.

See what replies you get from other users here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hey @artidino12 

To be honest is it possible to do it but on the portal you have to check if the subscription and production support is active. If you do not see it in the portal as active I recommend you to contact VMware for help or your vendor who provided the hardware and the OEM licenses.

0 Kudos
artidino12
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply!

0 Kudos
artidino12
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply!