VMware Cloud Community
Gr4cchus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vSphere 6.7 Configuration Quickstart: Physical adapter does not match the input

I have noticed an irregularity with regard to adding hosts to a cluster via the configuration quickstart several times now. pastedImage_0.png

When attempting to finalize the configured hostpastedImage_1.png

It will throw errors.

pastedImage_0.png

The workaround or solution to this seems very odd. Go to the host being added and remove one of the redundant Uplinks(Manage physical adapter option in Networking>virtual switches), in this case vmnic3(even though the rest of the nodes have this configuration). Rerun the 'configure' and it should complete this time. Then re-add that redundant uplink back. Weird.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gr4cchus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

although the above is not satisfactory, it works.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Gr4cchus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

although the above is not satisfactory, it works.

0 Kudos
clgz2002
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi, I tried this but the error continue to appear. 

0 Kudos
dmgeurts
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I've got the same issue, after recreating my cluster. While it was fine before.

Must say that I'm on vSphere v7.0

0 Kudos
clgz2002
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Same with me. Running VMware ESXi, 7.0.0, 16324942, vCenter 7.0.3, 19234570

0 Kudos
xversy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Same issue on vSphere 7/esxi7, there's 2 results on the internet and neither of them have a solution to this. No response from anybody on how to fix this, and nobody I know seems to have any idea on how to troubleshoot this. Considering going back to hyper-convergence with Hyper-V if this isn't resolved.

0 Kudos
clgz2002
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am having the same error. In the past the workaround (removing the nic) worked. But now it is not working. Any ideas? I cannot find anything on the web. 

vCenter: 7.03 Build 20150588
Hosts (3): VMware ESXi, 7.0.3, 20036589

0 Kudos
JamesBurshtein
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The answer is very simple, if the ports are different number on the adapter, then you will get this message. In my case 3 out of 5 servers in a cluster had the nic on ports 8 and 9 and 2 had it on 4 and 5 and hence there was a mismatch for the server profile, to fix this you would have to matchup the ports by removing additional cards, which is what my case is, i have 2 extra switches inside the server so it is changing the number of ports by 4. Hope this helps you all.

0 Kudos
dmgeurts
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Ah, I was afraid of that and sucks big time as I have two servers, one with a 10GB module and 1GB NIC and the other is the other way round, so the NIC numbers are not the same on both servers. This is going to be an expensive issue to fix...

0 Kudos
dmgeurts
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Just to confirm, adding a PCIe NIC and disabling the onboard LOM resolved the issue for me. And it wasn't as expensive as I'd feared it would be.

0 Kudos