VMware Cloud Community
dcz01
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vSphere 5: Unable to login to vSphere Web Client or vCenter Server Appliance

Hello everybody,

Unfortunately, I currently have the problem that I can not log in directly to the vCenter Server Appliance (VM) through the vSphere Web Client.
Have already changed the root password in the appliance via the Grub menu, but I can then log in the completely booted system not synonymous.
SSH login is always reported as wrong.

Does anyone have any idea or solution?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
VishShah
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Please check and find out what is the error you encounter when you start vCenter service and other stopped Services the error will explain you about the problem and refer KB : VMware Knowledge Base more you can deep-dive looking at the logs.

Regards Vishwajit Shah Skyline Support Moderator VCA-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCP6.0; 6.5-DCV & CMA | VCA-DBT | VCAP60-DCV

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Gidrakos
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Did you maybe change the default domain for the Appliance? Have you tried using both administrator and administrator@vsphere.local as the username?

0 Kudos
dcz01
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Well no, i don't change anything of the configuration since over an year or something.

But now i get this error when trying to connect to the web client:

503 Service Unavailable (Failed to connect to endpoint: [N7Vmacore4Http16LocalServiceSpecE:0x7f9a5c04fcb0] _serverNamespace = /vsphere-client _isRedirect = false _port = 9090)

0 Kudos
VishShah
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Please check and find out what is the error you encounter when you start vCenter service and other stopped Services the error will explain you about the problem and refer KB : VMware Knowledge Base more you can deep-dive looking at the logs.

Regards Vishwajit Shah Skyline Support Moderator VCA-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCP6.0; 6.5-DCV & CMA | VCA-DBT | VCAP60-DCV
0 Kudos