VMware Cloud Community
Najkon
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vSphere 5.5 - create new VM with PUB IP

Hello!

I'm new in VMware vSphere. I want to try virtualize 3 hw servers using VMware to One

and at the beginning i'm stop..

My problem is how let VM access to the internet on public IP? without any Virtual Router..

Can someon write step by step.

My configuration is:

- 1 hardware server with installed vSphere 5.5 (because new one does support CPU)

- have self vlan from operator and there he give me 2 class /29 on vlan (no mac address)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GayathriS
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Thanks for confirming, probably looks like it took some time to detect the settings could be .

Please consider marking this answer as "correct" or "helpful" if you think your questions have been answered.

regards

Gayathri

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
GayathriS
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Could you please explain more on what exactly you are trying to .

Are you virtualization your 3 hardware servers ?

Are these 3 servers windows / what OS is running on it, is it ESXI ?

If it is ESXI , what exactly you are trying to achieve ?

regards

Gayathri

0 Kudos
Najkon
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have 3 hardware servers - each servers are self system installed without any virtualization - no, there is not ESXi

Two of them have a Linux system, One stands on Windows Server.

I want replace 3 hardware servers on 3 virtual machines on One server using to it VMware vSphere ESXi 5.5.0.

And my problem is to give each VM self PUB IP just like that..

I am attach a screenshot of the network configuration from the program vSphere Client

0 Kudos
GayathriS
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

you can give public IP unless you physical nic of esxi host has access to public network

regards

Gaytahri

0 Kudos
Najkon
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

This is weird.. but by accident, I've completely restarted the server where vSphere is installed during the attempt to install Debian on VM of course, he stack on download apt source because didin't have access to the internet (this was my third approach).

After server restart I tried to run the Debian installation again. I do not change anything completely in the vSphere configuration..

and now VM Debian has access to the internet !! but how!? Smiley Wink

..now it's work what i want!

GayathriS​ - thanks anyway for trying to help me! Smiley Happy I appreciate it.

...however, old wisdom is always on time " did you restart the server? " :smileygrin:

0 Kudos
GayathriS
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Thanks for confirming, probably looks like it took some time to detect the settings could be .

Please consider marking this answer as "correct" or "helpful" if you think your questions have been answered.

regards

Gayathri

0 Kudos