VMware Cloud Community
anilumd
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vGPU vmotion on vSphere 7

Hi,

I have read some blogs about live vGPU vmotion needs setting this parameter  vgpu.hotmigrate.enabled in vSphere 6.5.  Is there similar setting available for vSphere 7?

How do I achieve this on vSphere 7.0?

Thanks,

Anil  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

You keep saying vsphere, but vsphere isn't a specific product name, its vcenter and esxi combined. You need to make sure you do it in vcenter, not on the esxihost,

• For migration of a virtual machine with NVIDIA vGPU, verify that the target ESXi host has a free vGPU slot. Also, verify that the vgpu.hotmigrate.enabled advanced setting is set to true. For more information about configuring vCenter Server advanced settings, see "Configure Advanced Settings" in vCenter Server Configuration.

i

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
anilumd
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the info.  But I do not find that key value in vsphere 7.  Do I need to add it?

0 Kudos
berndweyand
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

i had enabled it in 6.7 once - but it is too long ago to remember if this setting was only to change or had to be added.

if the setting is not there just add it an test

0 Kudos
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

In vSphere 6.7 the key already exists and have the default value "false". Question is comes the key with the installation of Horizon  or not.  I think it was already there.

Regards,
Joerg

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

You keep saying vsphere, but vsphere isn't a specific product name, its vcenter and esxi combined. You need to make sure you do it in vcenter, not on the esxihost,

• For migration of a virtual machine with NVIDIA vGPU, verify that the target ESXi host has a free vGPU slot. Also, verify that the vgpu.hotmigrate.enabled advanced setting is set to true. For more information about configuring vCenter Server advanced settings, see "Configure Advanced Settings" in vCenter Server Configuration.

i

0 Kudos
anilumd
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks.  I found it, key already exists.  I had to enable it.

0 Kudos