VMware Cloud Community
abckdc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vCenter, esxi audit

There are a lot of users in our company who uses vcenter to create machines, make changes in the machine etc. What I want to achive is track those changes made by that particular user. I have heard that its possible via vRealize log insight but my company doesnot want to invest any further in our vcenter environment. Is there any other possible way to achive this. I need to keep track of changes made by staff on those machines like creation of machine, increase of RAM, hardisk etc. by that particular user.

Will be very grateful for any kind of suggestion.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@abckdc ,

PowerCLI scripts are something to look at. Couple of interesting blogs by William and Luke

How to audit VM reconfigurations 

Auditing VM device changes 

Hope that helps

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer/Kudos if this solution resolved your problem

View solution in original post

3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@abckdc 

Moderator: Moved to vSphere Discussions

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@abckdc ,

PowerCLI scripts are something to look at. Couple of interesting blogs by William and Luke

How to audit VM reconfigurations 

Auditing VM device changes 

Hope that helps

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer/Kudos if this solution resolved your problem

abckdc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks Sir. Will look into the script for testing. Thank You Very Much.

0 Kudos