I have deployed several ESXi hosts with VMware_ESXi_6.7.0_10302608_Custom_Cisco_188.8.131.52.iso + patched with ESXi670-201811001.zip. While deploying vCenter Appliance 6.7U1 (VMware-VCSA-all-6.7.0-10244745_6.7U1.ios) - Windows UI installer - I am getting the following error:
I tried it twice, same issue. Installer is stuck at 99% for hours.
The logs tell nothing of interest for the time mentioned.
Thanks for your help.
It's a physical HP ML150 G6. Intel Xeon E5502, 32GB RAM. I did get an earlier version vCSA installed 100% and claimed success but was never able to get the webpage to work with 503 errors.
What you have should work fine. Something is still wonky here as this should be working. Why do you have two different DNS servers, again? Have you tried the deployment only specifying the one on the same subnet as the vCSA deployment?
Changed the hardware to a Lenovo TS140 with 24GB RAM and 4 core Xeon E3-1226 and the wizard flew through in comparison and hit 100% on Stage 1. Carried on to Stage 2 which is where I couldn't get to before. I can see now where the NTP settings for the vCSA go. Nothing failed and only had to run the wizard once. Was finished in 30 mins instead of 2 hours then fail.
I can't think of anything different on this machine other than the hardware. It's the same build of ESXi and same installation files used to deploy vCSA. Both hosts were fresh installs with no VMs. The network settings were mirrored except for the IP address of the host. Nothing different in DNS other than adding the new host and PTR record. All I can assume is that there is some kind of issue with the hardware that was getting the installer into an error state. The logs are frustrating as it says it can't do something due to the current state but doesn't give any clues as to what state the machine is in or should be in.