VMware Cloud Community
abckdc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vCenter, ESXi VM's total bandwidth consumption.

Does anyone know of open source tool (I know its can be done via paid solution like vRealize, PTRG, Solarwinds etc)that can monitor total bandwidth consumption of the VMs in vSphere. Lets say VM1 in host A consumed total of 100Gb during the last month. I am searching this from vmware perspective not from networking perspective i.e. I don't want to do this via Netflow of networking devices. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hey @abckdc,

May I ask you what is the purpose of getting how much bytes it consumed in total but no getting the average consumption over the month?

0 Kudos
abckdc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello Sir,

I am just trying to find if there is any possible way by which we can calculate a total data consumption of a VM in the past month and so on. I was working on Libre NMS and found that they have a feature called Billing module. It tracks the ports usage and shows you the total usage over time period. It gets this data via SNMP from the devices also esxi, vcenter but we can only track total usage based on host level(i.e total consumption of esxi machine over the time period) not on individual VM level. So, I was wondering if any other software or tools can achieve this. I don't want to enable SNMP on all VM's and add all of them to monitoring server. I just want to achieve this via host machine(esxi, vcenter).

https://docs.librenms.org/Extensions/Billing-Module/

I was wondering if its possible to do so on vCenter or Esxi host level by tracking port assigned to VM's. 

Sorry for the bad explanation.

0 Kudos
vcclhosting
Contributor
Contributor

Spoiler
I am also looking for the same
0 Kudos
vcclhosting
Contributor
Contributor

If you got any solution , kindly let me know