VMware vSphere

View Only
  • 1.  vCLS VM version 3 or 4

Posted Mar 10, 2023 11:51 PM

Which version should I have? 3 or 4? My vCenter deployed 3 x version 4 and 1 x version 3. The version 3 will not start. No compatible host error.

Thanks!!!

• 2.  RE: vCLS VM version 3 or 4

Posted Mar 11, 2023 08:14 AM

It's difficult to determine which version of what software you should have without more context. However, if you are referring to VMware vSphere, the latest version as of my knowledge cutoff date (September 2021) is version 7. If you are experiencing issues with version 3 not starting, it could be due to compatibility issues with your host hardware or other software. I recommend checking the VMware compatibility guide to ensure that your hardware and software are compatible with the version of vSphere you are using, and consider upgrading to a more recent version if necessary. Additionally, you may want to reach out to VMware support for further assistance with troubleshooting the issue.  www.mygeorgiasouthern.edu

• 3.  RE: vCLS VM version 3 or 4

Posted Mar 11, 2023 10:12 PM

Thank you for the quick reply. After submitting this issue, I found that the vCLS VM that I thought was at version 4 of the linux OS was actually at version 3 like all the others. But vCenter was reporting version 4 in the overview. But, I will keep this updated when I find the solution. It appears another suggestion was provided to retreat the vCLS VMs and rebuild. This might be the ticket.

• 4.  RE: vCLS VM version 3 or 4

Posted Mar 11, 2023 11:34 AM

I would clean up DRS by retreating the vCLS and then re-enable, to deploy a new set.

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/7.0/com.vmware.vsphere.resmgmt.doc/GUID-F98C3C93-875D-4570-852B-37A38878CE0F.html

Enable retreat mode.

Remove any vCLS appliances left over (if any)

Disable retreat mode, and allow DRS to redeploy the vCLS appliances.

• 5.  RE: vCLS VM version 3 or 4

Posted Mar 11, 2023 10:14 PM

I will try this suggestion asap. It seems to be a possible solution. Thanks for the quick reply and helping me out. I will certainly let you know how it goes.