VMware Cloud Community
johnny6
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

upgrading from v6.7 to the latest version of v6.7

I don't know why I am having such a tough time finding this information but all I am looking to upgrade to the latest version 6.7U3. Or is the latest version ESXi670-202210001. This is confusing me. I believe its the second one. Anyway, I'm thinking that there should be some basic instructions that I can follow. I am no expert but I'm thinking that an upgrade shouldn't be too difficult.

I was also looking at moving to version 7 but then I would need to purchase a new license for that?

Help appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
aggarwalvinay31
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

This should be raised in vSphere forum so reporting for same to move it to appropriate forum.

In response to your question, The last version for vSphere 6.7 is U3 P08 which is ESXi670-202210001 (build - 20497097). Upgrade also depends upon hardware compatibility so best to check custom ISO available from hardware vendor and apply subsequent patches.

A new licence would be required to upgrade to v7 so its best to connect with licence team.

Disclaimer: vSphere v6.7 is end of life now.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
aggarwalvinay31
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

This should be raised in vSphere forum so reporting for same to move it to appropriate forum.

In response to your question, The last version for vSphere 6.7 is U3 P08 which is ESXi670-202210001 (build - 20497097). Upgrade also depends upon hardware compatibility so best to check custom ISO available from hardware vendor and apply subsequent patches.

A new licence would be required to upgrade to v7 so its best to connect with licence team.

Disclaimer: vSphere v6.7 is end of life now.

johnny6
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

thank you for that information. I'm going to upgrade to version 7 then since 6.7 is EOL.

Next question, this is for a non-profit organization and I was able to get a free license for them but now, I'm having trouble finding the area of their account to apply for the version 7 license. Can you help me find where I can do that?

0 Kudos
aggarwalvinay31
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

Best way for license check is to connect with VMware Licence team and they should be able to help you out. Unfortunately, licence queries are out of my expertise area so cannot comment on same.

Hope this help.