VMware Cloud Community
xynhaha
Contributor
Contributor

tanzu unable create guest cluster

kubectl -n tanzu apply -f tkg-cluster20.yaml

unexpected error while reconciling control plane endpoint for tkg-cluster: failed to reconcile loadbalanced endpoint for WCPCluster tanzu/tkg-cluster: failed to get control plane endpoint for Cluster tanzu/tkg-cluster: VirtualMachineService LB does not yet have VIP assigned: VirtualMachineService LoadBalancer does not have any Ingresses

error creating client and cache for remote cluster: error fetching REST client config for remote cluster "tanzu/tkg-cluster": failed to retrieve kubeconfig secret for Cluster tanzu/tkg-cluster: secrets "tkg-cluster-kubeconfig" not found

vm is not yet created: vmware-system-capw-controller-manager/WCPMachine//tanzu/tkg-cluster/tkg-cluster-control-plane-rbqrq-sgtk5

vm prerequisites check fails: vmware-system-capw-controller-manager/WCPMachine//tanzu/tkg-cluster/tkg-cluster-control-plane-rbqrq-sgtk5

0 Kudos
4 Replies
pkvmw
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

is this a VDS/haproxy or NSX-T deployment?

Regards,
Patrik

0 Kudos
RuslanFu
Contributor
Contributor

We have same issue.

NSX-T Deployment

bdamian
Expert
Expert

Same thing happens to me. This error apeares with my vSphere 70u2 lab.

To confirm that your problem is the same I had, after the failure type this:

kubectl get virtualmachines

You will see the first virtual machine that your YAML tries to deploy. After that, type this:

kubectl describe virtualmachine <<name_of_virtual_machine>>

In my case I saw the following error: VirtualMachineClassBindingNotFound. This is because of the introduction of the VM Service in vSphere 7.0u2. In this version, when you create a new Namespace, no VirtualMachineClass is associated by default. You must do it manually.

Go to vSphere Client, click in your namespace, Summary, you will find this:

bdamian_0-1626810203411.png

Click on "Manage VM Classes" and assign those you want. Then you can use those classes on your Yaml file.

Hope this helps.

D.

---
Damián Bacalov
vExpert 2017-2023 (7 years)
https://www.linkedin.com/in/damianbacalov/
https://tecnologiaimasd.blogspot.com/
twitter @bdamian
DineshIBM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I had similar problem and by attaching virtualmachineclass, it worked...

0 Kudos