VMware Cloud Community
rmc_adam
Contributor
Contributor

reverting to a snapshot

We have two sites, each with a two-host cluster of VMWare ESXi 5.5.  We use Veeam for backup and replication.  The replication job by Veeam is giving me trouble.  Veeam suggests I contact VMWare.  Since I am currently unable to open a support request with VMWare, I will post here.

The replication job by Veeam frequently fails with "invalid snapshot configuration".  I know the workaround of deleting the replica in Veeam, but that is temporarily helpful.  The error will just appear again against another VM in the replication job.  Deleting a 1TB replica and hoping the replication with complete on the next run is getting old and is frustrating.

Anyway, VMWare records "An error occurred while reverting to a snapshot: A required file was not found." at the same time as Veeam does.  VMWare also records "Failed to revert the execution state of the virtual machine to snapshot Veeam Replica Working Snapshot, with ID 48254".

I can not find the VM's log file, though logging is enabled. Where is the VM's log file?

What do I search for in the log files to reveal a clue or the cause of this snapshot issue?

0 Kudos
0 Replies