VMware Cloud Community
derozone
Contributor
Contributor

resource new hardware

I need help with something. There are vcenter 6.5 in 4 regions. There are 5 esxi, 3 esxi 2 esxi on them. ( esxi 6.5 u2 ) and virtual servers are running. A total of about 150 virtual servers are running on these servers. I want to gather them all in one center / the building . and I will buy a new physical server and storage. First, how can I choose the properties of the new server I will buy. How should I proceed ? What is the current resource and what is the resource I need ? I think there are people in this forum who can do this and what method they are following step by step. what i need I would be very glad if you help me, I want to do it myself.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
NicolasAlauzet

Hi derozone,

The first question that you have to ask yourself, is whats the budget... Then you can start chosing the technology.

I would recomend you to have a look to the HCI hardware.

Why VMware HCI

Cheers

N

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Triple VCIX (CMA-NV-DCV) | vExpert | MCSE | CCNA
0 Kudos
Alex_Romeo
Leadership
Leadership

HI,

Prepare an outline of what these vCenters are like (Esxi, Virtual machine), region by region.

• Check the occupied and free space in the datastores.
  • Check the total Ram for each Esxi and how much is occupied.
  • Also check the occupied and free CPUs.
  • Check the Network configurations that are on ESXi \ vCenter, VDS, VSS, VLANs

If you have to unify all the regions in a single point, you must also think about a possible increase in network bandwidth, because I would have more data traffic.

All this information, together with the badget you have available, allows you to configure suitable hardware.

-------------

Another info that I want to give you is to also evaluate a vCenter solution in HA (to limit damage in case of failure)

VMware vCenter 6.7 High Availability Configuration – PART 1

ARomeo

Blog: https://www.aleadmin.it/
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Learn how to monitor your current host and guest performance: About vSphere Monitoring and Performance

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
derozone
Contributor
Contributor

virtual server assigned to vCPU 270, VRAM 970 and Provisioned MB storage 9.7 TB. how should I do the calculation? for example, physical servers how many CPU should be

0 Kudos