VMware Cloud Community
yunya09
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

reset esxi physical hardware status event log and sensor failed

Hello everyone,

Recently we experience a strange problem as below detail info.

ESXi 5.5

windows vCenter  6.0

vCenter report warning the esxi host memory status error

But collect HP physical server active health log to HP manufactor  engineer analyseThe conclusion physical server is normalmemory okay,everyting okay. So I think maybe vCenter report warning not Correct

so I take those step to clear esxi physical hardware status  event log and reset sensor,but got error  message to connect remote sever,reset sensor failed.

Steps:

1、to restart sfcbd-watchdog, run this command from the ESX console:

/etc/init.d/sfcbd-watchdog restart

2remove esxi to cluster then readd to it

3reboot esxi

4reboot vCenter

How to fix itSo everybody who have idea or similar experience about it .  thanks for your kindly reply.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
rchaubey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

check below Kb if it will help you

VMware Knowledge Base

0 Kudos
yunya09
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for your reply .Sorry to told you ,this method ,I had try it ,but it doesnt work.Smiley Sad

Thank you all the same.

0 Kudos
yunya09
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The problem remains unresolved.

vCenter Web Client fails when updating or resetting the host sensorsWhen resetting the host sensors, vCenter Web Client fails with the error:

"The "Resetting host sensors..." operation failed for the entity with the following error message. An error occurred while trying to communicate with the remote service. See the server logs for details."

Check the KB https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2150577?other.KM_Utility.getArticleLanguage=1&r=2&other.KM_Utility.g...

The security.provider.11=com.vmware.provider.VMwareSecurityProvider is okay,but still reseting failed .

Anybody who have idea or similar experience about it .  thanks for your kindly reply.

0 Kudos