VMware Cloud Community
hendersp3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

remove datastore cluster from host

I would like to disassociate a datastore cluster from a host.  I have already unmounted all datastores and devices but when i look at the datastore cluster it still shows the host as connected. 

Will this go away when the storage is unzoned?  Or is there a way to tell the DS cluster to forget about the host? I cannot find anything that helps.

Thank You

0 Kudos
4 Replies
setyo19
Contributor
Contributor

hi hendersp3

maybe this kb can help you ..

VMware Knowledge Base

thanks ..

0 Kudos
hendersp3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank You for your suggestion however that is the exact KB I followed to remove the devices.  Issue is that under the datastore cluster - hosts tab it still shows connected to the host I removed everything from. 

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Just looking at my environment I don't see a way to do it. What you may want to try is unzone the storage, and then have vcenter rescan the storage adapters, that should remove any references on those hosts to those datastores. IF not you could move all the data stores out of the datastore cluster, delete the datastore cluster, and setup a new one.

0 Kudos
hendersp3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The storage will be unzoned in the next few days so I will see what happens when that takes place.  I can't mess with the DS cluster as it is production.  The host we are discussing just needs to be relocated and requires different storage and DS clusters zoned to it. 

And like you, I cannot find any way to disassociate the host from the DS cluster.  I am hoping the zoning change will do the trick and will post back what I find out.

0 Kudos