VMware Cloud Community
Bit101
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

"503 Service Unavailable (Failed to connect to endpoint: [class.." - VMware vCenter 6.5

503 Service Unavailable (Failed to connect to endpoint: [class Vmacore::Http::NamedPipeServiceSpec:0x00000230a24439f0] _serverNamespace = / action = Allow _pipeName =\\.\pipe\vmware-vpxd-webserver-pipe)
503 Service Unavailable (Failed to connect to endpoint: [class Vmacore::Http::NamedPipeServiceSpec:0x00000230a24439f0] _serverNamespace = / action = Allow _pipeName =\\.\pipe\vmware-vpxd-webserver-pipe)

Unkindly error message, cant do anything! Several reboots, waiting 10-15 min  but nothing is helping.

is there any solution?

Really appreciate your answer.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Have you seen this communities link  and is it applicable to your situation-

503 Service Unavailable (Failed to connect to endpoint:

Regards,

Randhir

If you found my answers useful please consider marking them as Correct OR Helpful

0 Kudos
TheBobkin
Champion
Champion

Hello Bit101​,

"Several reboots, waiting 10-15 min  but nothing is helping."

This is not a very scientific strategy, you would be better off spending time finding out why the Web Client is not accessible/functional as opposed to repeatedly doing something you have already tested that does not resolve the issue.

Check and ensure that all services required for a functional vCenter and Web Client are being started and running:

# service-control --status --all

If necessary services (e.g. vsphere-client) are stopped then manually restart them and check that they DO start and stay up:

VMware Knowledge Base

From the desktop that you are trying to connect to the Web Client check that this connection is possible:

# telnet <vcenter_fqdn> 9443

If both of the above are okay then try a different browser.

If still no joy then start looking at the logs for more specific information about what is wrong here (/var/log/vmware/vsphere-client/logs/vsphere_client_virgo.log and /var/log/vmware/vpxd/vpxd.log)

Bob

0 Kudos
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

When you see the error 503, it means that it cannot talk to vCenter service or the service is down.

to check the service status

service-control --status --all gives all service status and if vpxd is showing stopped.. check the vpxd.log in /var/log/vmware/vpxd if appliance or c:\programdata\vcenterserver\logs\vpxd or vmware-vpx (depending on versions)and look for the latest logs which gives you an idea on whats happening with that service.

Thanks,

MS

0 Kudos
Bit101
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

All VMware services restarted with Services "console".

Then tried to run # service-control --status --all

Cant connect to VIServer with or with PowerCLI and Powershell:

"connect-viserver : not recognized as a cmdlet, function, operable program, or script file."

This was no problem before restart. But now it´s looks like a problem.

0 Kudos
Bit101
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Telnet not answering

0 Kudos
DonAVG
Contributor
Contributor

service-control --status --all

showed that vsphere-ui was stopped.

I then started it with:

service-control --start vsphere-ui

This resolved the issue for me.

0 Kudos
uldericozemacha
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, I have the same problem, vcenter server 6.7 on win server 2012 on esxi 6.5 platform.

I did:

C:\ProgramData\VMware\vCenterServer\bin

service-control --stop vsphere-client

service-control --start vsphere-client

then

service-control --start vsphere-ui

All works perfectly.

Thansk

Rico

0 Kudos