VMware Cloud Community
gdy1039
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

place order for company

Dear 

I would like to order a product at online store for company. Do you know how can I complete the step "for company"?

If I order from a reseller, the owner can input as company.

But how can I order for a company at online store?

Thanks for your valueable time.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hello.
You must register and obtain a Free account (user and password) at the My VMware website. Use the company's email (as an example admin@company.com). This account will own the licenses that are resigned from this account.

Once you log in to My Vmware choose Online Storage and select the product you wish to purchase.

https://my.vmware.com

You can check the different types of licenses in the following link

VMware vSphere Compute VirtualizationLicensing, pricing and packaging (WH I T E P A P E R –SEPTEMBER 2020)

https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/products/vsphere/vmware-vsphere-pr...

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

What does this have to do with VMware technology?

0 Kudos
gdy1039
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello Daphnissov

Sorry not understand your reply.

I think ownership for company and personal is different in VMware, am I right?

Because of it's pay by company, so owner is company is important. The ownership present just is the information I input when order?

Or VMware said we don't record and care who is owner. Anyone get login password, he is the owner.

I would like to purchase VMware vsphere Essential Kit.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@gdy1039 

If I understand you correctly, you are trying to order the vSphere Essentials Kit but it's for personal use rather than for a company, but the website is asking you for a company name and you don't know what to enter - right?

If so, have you considered something like VMUG Advantage instead? It includes Eval Experience which gives you licenses for many products for a single fee - it is used by many for their home labs, assuming that is your use case.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hello.
You must register and obtain a Free account (user and password) at the My VMware website. Use the company's email (as an example admin@company.com). This account will own the licenses that are resigned from this account.

Once you log in to My Vmware choose Online Storage and select the product you wish to purchase.

https://my.vmware.com

You can check the different types of licenses in the following link

VMware vSphere Compute VirtualizationLicensing, pricing and packaging (WH I T E P A P E R –SEPTEMBER 2020)

https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/products/vsphere/vmware-vsphere-pr...

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.
0 Kudos
gdy1039
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Dear Scott

Thanks for your ansower. No, I want to order for company. So e_espinel's reply is correct.
My nick name is Scott too.^-^.

0 Kudos