VMware Cloud Community
lwsamcn01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

pemanently delete files/folder in VC

Hi,

VMs Removed from disk. The folder sitll in VC file.  Please give adivce how to pemanently from VC? Please see below. The VM removed disk.

I could see it in VC. I manually removed the all files. The folder could not be delete at all from web Client. Delete button is greyed.

VM_Folder_cleanup.JPG

Brgds

Liu Wei

Labels (1)
  • Hi

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Ardaneh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi

You can try to delete your folder by using the ESXi shell. For that, you need to make an SSH connection and then go to your considered path and use the command below:

rm -rf /vmfs/volumes/datastore2/TIA-DC04

I hope this could be helpful

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Select "datastore2" on the left, so that folders show up in the right pane. The folder can then be deleted by selecting it from the right pane.

André

View solution in original post

4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@lwsamcn01 

Moderator: Moved to vSphere Discussions, not specific to a vCenter-branded product.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Ardaneh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi

You can try to delete your folder by using the ESXi shell. For that, you need to make an SSH connection and then go to your considered path and use the command below:

rm -rf /vmfs/volumes/datastore2/TIA-DC04

I hope this could be helpful

Tags (1)
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Select "datastore2" on the left, so that folders show up in the right pane. The folder can then be deleted by selecting it from the right pane.

André

lwsamcn01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi, Andre,

I change to host client and delete it. 

Thanks.

Liu Wei

Tags (1)
0 Kudos