VMware Cloud Community
skywalker_007
Contributor
Contributor

ovf files confusion

Hello team ,

I have to deploy a fortinet product called fortimanager on ESXi . 

I have downloaded the ovf.zip file  and i did an unzip ; it shows me below 4 files

Earlier i used the standard file called Fortimanager-VM64.ovf

But this version of fortimanager shows many files like hw14 and vapp . So which to use

ESXi version is 6.7 and there is a plan to upgrade to 7.0 

Do we go ahead with Standard Fortimanager-VM64.ovf

FortiManager-VM64.hw14.ovf

OVF template file for VMware ESXi 6.7 and later versions.

Only available in 6.4.2 and later.

FortiManager-VM64.hw14.vapp.ovf

OVF template file for VMware vSphere, vCenter, and vCloud (ESXi 6.7 and later).

Only available in 6.4.2 and later.

FortiManager-VM64.ovf

OVF template based on Intel e1000 NIC driver.

FortiManager-VM64.vapp.ovf

OVF template file for VMware vSphere, vCenter, and vCloud (earlier than ESXi 6.7).

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

1. This should be in the vSphere area, unless you’re actually using ESXi on ARM?

2. There’s no need to create multiple threads on the topic, your other thread in the vSphere Management SDK area has been reported to moderators.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
skywalker_007
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone please ?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The notes in the table you posted tell you everything you should need to know about which platforms you can import the various files to.

If you're running ESXi 6.7 then any of the 4 should work, have you actually tried any of them?

Here's a reference about hardware versions (related to the hw14 versions in the table): https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/1003746

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos