VMware Cloud Community
steve50
Contributor
Contributor

new license for vsphere esxi 6.0.0 version

can I get a new license on vmware official page for vsphere esxi 6.0.0 version license?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

If you are a customer with an active support contract, yes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
steve50
Contributor
Contributor

thank you for your answer.

but my point is, I have already gotten license for vsphere hypervisor(esxi 7.0) 

but there are not for vsphere 6.0.0 version license.

where can I get the license of vsphere hypervisor esxi 6.0.0? 

I cannot see anywhere on official vmware website

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

vSphere Hypervisor as in the free version, or a paid version with an active support contract?

Not sure you can downgrade the free version licence, if you can the steps are here: https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/81665

Anything older than vSphere 7.x is out of "general support" from October.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
steve50
Contributor
Contributor

nononope,,,

not the down grade

I have esxi 6.0.0 and I want to ask whether I can get a new license, just like people download license on the homepage official section.

is there esxi 6.0.0 license in the official website of Vmware? do they provide esxi 6.0.0 license?

sorry for misunderstanding,

thank you,

best regard,

Steve

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

We are going round in circles a bit here.

Paying customers (with an active support contract) can downgrade their 7.x licence, if you're only using a free vSphere Hypervisor licence you're not a paying customer.

And why would you want to use 6.0 when it's already beyond the end of general support, with 6.5 and 6.7 reaching the end of general support in a few months?

0 Kudos
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello.
if what you need is a Free license I attach links where you can get it, you must have a user and passwrod (free registration) and then register to get the respective license.

VMware vSphere Hypervisor

https://customerconnect.vmware.com/en/group/vmware/evalcenter?p=free-esxi6

https://customerconnect.vmware.com/en/group/vmware/evalcenter?p=free-esxi7

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.
0 Kudos
steve50
Contributor
Contributor

because of compatibility. 

I should use esxi 6.0.0

I am studying something about esxi 

the 6.0.0 version is the latest and last support of vsphere client 

I have 7.0.0 license

but I have to test and study something in 6.0.0 which 7.0.0 latest version doesn't have, and which is also different from 7.0.0

your point is something distorted,

I am asking you

the 7.x 6.x have already provided its license key 

and as I said I have already had it.

my point is, as I said,

I want to know whether the esxi 6.0.0 license key is provided on official vmware website or not, just like any other 7.x 6.x provide license key itself. 

and you cannot force me to purchase something

because if you have legal relationships such as contract you said, you have legal obligation to buy or purchase in order to be affected by the contract, 

but in purchasing products you cannot force me to purchase products forcibly.

neither, you cannot disadvantage or discriminate me just because I am not paying customer

and your answer is quite maliciously describing me I am using free 7.0.0

but using "allowed free software" is not bad behavior

and the "allowed" defines that the company allow all of people to use this certain versions of software for free.

it is quite inappropriate description about me that those who use free version are bad people. you described me with biased reply.

I am testing environment and studying, the company which I will be employed has paying license key.

so don't just say which is irrelevant to questions.

I have already known your point about downgrading software, 

but this question does not require the answer you said. 

what you replied is irrelevant to this question

the answer fit to this question is whether, as I said, the esxi 6.0.0 license key is provided on official vmware website or not, just like any other 7.x 6.x provide license key itself. 

0 Kudos
steve50
Contributor
Contributor

thank you Mr.  e_espinel 

but it was not what I am looking for 

best regard

Steve

0 Kudos
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion

Youre aware that a license key cover the complete Major version X like, so its the same key from 6.0.0 up to 6.7.0?

If your key contains a vSphere Hypervisor than its coming comming from  vmware.com where you sign up for the free one.  If your key contains a vSphere ESXi its a somewhat payed version like Commercial, Accademic, VMUG and is managed on the customer connect aka myvmware page.

Regards,
Joerg

0 Kudos
steve50
Contributor
Contributor

I am watching Youtube channel lectures to learn esxi 6.0.0, not none of the purposes. 

that's why I need compatibility.

thank you, 

regard 

Steve

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I’m not discriminating, I’m not accusing you of being a bad person, or anything else like you describe.

I am simply trying to help you based on the information you have provided, that’s all. The questions I asked you and the points I made were genuine based on the information you had provided.

I do not represent VMware, I am a forum member just like any other.

As you don’t seem to be able to clearly describe what it is you are actually trying to do in such a way that any of the replies so far appear to be relevant to your situation and needs, I am stepping out of this thread. I hope you get what you are looking for.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

@steve50 wrote:

thank you Mr.  e_espinel 

but it was not what I am looking for 

best regard

Steve

What's wrong with the provided links? Don't the work?
Please note that license keys are provided for major versions, i.e. 6.x or 7.x.

André

0 Kudos