VMware Cloud Community
ingvargo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

migration greyed out

Hi

i have an vmware cluster with vCenter 6.5 u1 appliance that i have recently upgraded from Windows 6.0 version, now i have strange problem with several vms, when i try to migrate using vmotion some vm cannot migrate and the button is greyed out, i have tried two browsers and also the HTML version with no difference, shutting down the machines or rebooting them does not make a difference, only when i shut the vm down, remove them from inventory, add them again to the inventory and power them up again, i can then migrate them succesfully.

this is a total pain because i cannot shut the machines down anytime and also the Veeam backup software thinks now that this is a new machine and the backup history will be very complicated.

does anyone know what could be the problem and how to fix it without shutting down the machine and re add it to inventory?

also this could be some bug in the web client but in the 6.5 world i cannot save myself with the old classic client Smiley Happy

BR

Ingvar

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello ingvargo,

Have you tried https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2044369?language=en_US .. Not sure if that helps but worth checking..

Thanks,

MS

0 Kudos
ingvargo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks MS

i will try this, i do not have good experience murking around in the Postgres database Smiley Happy but i will make backup of the machine and try this out, i was hoping for something more GUI like but often we have to do more low level stuff in this business.

BR

Ingvar

0 Kudos