I have been following: https://4sysops.com/archives/how-to-configure-esxi-6-5-for-iscsi-shared-storage/
but i can't get this to work.
- I'm using ESXI 6.7, and Windows 2012 R2 Server set up as iSCSI. LUN is online, but "not connected"
- ESXI has 2 vNICS. (one host and one Bridged mode)
- Two VMMernal Nics. newly created iscsi VMKernal has 192.168.1.x
- iscsi port group has nic2 (bridged) active, nic1(unused)
- Managment and VMNetworks both have vnic0 active, and vic1 unused.
iscsi confused under storage adapters to point to Initiator ID on Windows server (Server manager .. File and Storage Serverices >> iscsi
Windows server VM is also on "bridged" networking. What a i doing wrong ?
I got iSCSI added, but its like NFS share i.e shared storage only not VM shared
How can i share the same VM between hosts... over iSCSI.?. eg. Config on local and VM disk on storage (split)
and Windows 2012 R2 Server set up as iSCSI
Please don't do this. It's a garbage way of trying to fake shared storage and would give awful performance anyway. Get some actual external storage and do it right.
It's a test system