VMware Cloud Community
BCDOC
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

how can i verify vix message status is enabled or disabled. vsphere 6.5

Hi,

I need to verify that vix message is disabled.  can i do that from vmware vsphere web client.  we upgraded to 6.5.

what is the best and easiest way.

please detail as i am a newbie.

thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

https://www.vmware.com/support/developer/vix-api/VIX-1.14-ReleaseNotes.html

Basically VIX is gone. In other words, you're wasting your time trying to set that option in the first place, so don't bother.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Click on the VM, go to Configure -> VM Options -> Advanced settings. Search for key "isolation.tools.vixMessage.disable". If non-existent or set to FALSE then VIX messages are enabled.

0 Kudos
BCDOC
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

thank you for the quick reply.  It is not listed.  How can i add it in?  Under Edit > adv > config parameters, i do not have the option to add.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Edit Settings on a VM -> VM Options -> Advanced -> Edit Configuration. Add your key/value pairs.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Let me also point out that as of the latest Security Configuration Guide (formerly Hardening Guide), the guidance to disable VIX Messages has been removed as stated in the blog post here.

0 Kudos
BCDOC
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for the follow up.  I have no option to Add.  I guess that means i am lacking permissions or do you think it is something else.

0 Kudos
BCDOC
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

thank you.  i read the hardening guide earlier but was confused.  Is the state disabled by default in v6.5 and no way to verify?

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

https://www.vmware.com/support/developer/vix-api/VIX-1.14-ReleaseNotes.html

Basically VIX is gone. In other words, you're wasting your time trying to set that option in the first place, so don't bother.

0 Kudos