VMware Cloud Community
gkman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

hot-plug\hot-add license

Hi.

Just discovered that hot-plug\hot-add feature requires a license (ridiculous! :smileyangry:).

Anyway, the feature is not critical for us, but I wanted to find out which license version have the feature included anyway (for future purchases \ renewals \ etc).

I couldn't find any mention of it in any of the version comparison tables on the vmware store.

Is the feature part of a "feature pack"? (in other words, under what name should I see it in the comparison table)

under what license will these features be available?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KocPawel
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I don't think so, that you need some extra license to use it.

I check in documentation:

Enable CPU Hot Add

And I could not find any license requirements.

I've also checked edition comparison:

https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/vsphere/vmw-flyr-comparevsphereedi...

I there is nothing about hot-add feature.

I could only find information in older versions about Advanced, Enterprise and Enterprise Plus license. But now VMware does not offer such editions.

And finally I've got a KB for 6.0 version:

VMware Knowledge Base

And here we have Hot-add feature starting from Standard edition. So only Essentials does not include it.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
KocPawel
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I don't think so, that you need some extra license to use it.

I check in documentation:

Enable CPU Hot Add

And I could not find any license requirements.

I've also checked edition comparison:

https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/vsphere/vmw-flyr-comparevsphereedi...

I there is nothing about hot-add feature.

I could only find information in older versions about Advanced, Enterprise and Enterprise Plus license. But now VMware does not offer such editions.

And finally I've got a KB for 6.0 version:

VMware Knowledge Base

And here we have Hot-add feature starting from Standard edition. So only Essentials does not include it.