VMware Cloud Community
el_grimm_verdug
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

esxi 6.7 web inteface "broken"

shortly after adding a VM from an ova file about 30 minutes later the web interface stopped working. what should i check / do to fix this ?

it is esxi 6.7, when i checked the logs there was no entried for today when i check from the console?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
el_grimm_verdug
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

it is fixed as of 45 minutes ago. i still have no idea what or how it broke. i went in and reset the server to factory defaults and rebooted. then i reset the password and set up and restarted the management network. then i was able to log into the web interface. all the vm were gone but still in the data store's. imported the vm's from the datastore's and registered them with the esxi server and every thing is back up and normal. the fix took 23 minutes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
HassanAlKak88
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hello,

please advise it is the web interface for VM or for whole vcenter ?

and if you please more explain your case (by screenshots per example)

If my reply was helpful, I kindly ask you to like it and mark it as a solution

Regards,
Hassan Alkak
0 Kudos
el_grimm_verdug
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

it is the web interface that is down, the esxi server is up and i can log in via the kvm and run a successful ping test to the gateway. when i https to the system ip the page will not load and you get a generic browser error. also transfers to the esxi server are no longer working. but i cannot see what is happening cause the web interface is not loading.

0 Kudos
asajm
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Can you please try to restart the management agents

And please give us some errors

If you think your queries have been answered
Marking this response as "Solution " or "Kudo"
ASAJM
0 Kudos
el_grimm_verdug
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

did that, i restarted the management agents, networking and then the whole server reboot from the console. still down

0 Kudos
asajm
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

What is the error from the browser

ASAJM
0 Kudos
el_grimm_verdug
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The connection has timed out

The server at 192.168.2.149 is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.

If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.

If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

0 Kudos
asajm
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Have you tried more than one browser.

ASAJM
0 Kudos
el_grimm_verdug
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

it is fixed as of 45 minutes ago. i still have no idea what or how it broke. i went in and reset the server to factory defaults and rebooted. then i reset the password and set up and restarted the management network. then i was able to log into the web interface. all the vm were gone but still in the data store's. imported the vm's from the datastore's and registered them with the esxi server and every thing is back up and normal. the fix took 23 minutes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

0 Kudos