VMware Cloud Community
sergiodiazanunz
Contributor
Contributor

error to certificate https://x.x.x.x/ui exsi 6.5

Hello

I have a problem with new installation exsi 6.5. When I want to connect to https://x.x.x.x/ui, I recived error.

I activate the options access the RemoteESXi Shell with SSH.

ssl_error_bad_cert_alert

Help me, please

Best regards,

0 Kudos
18 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Don't understand what you're saying. Please explain more or show screenshots.

0 Kudos
sergiodiazanunz
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I used to chrome, ie and firefox. The installation is exsi 6.5.

all browsers give the same error

esxi2.jpgesxi.jpg

error_esxi.JPG

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

You're showing screenshots of SSH which has nothing to do with you accessing the host in a browser. Your browser says you have hit the page but has a bad certificate. Looks like Edge (not supported). Try Chrome.

0 Kudos
sergiodiazanunz
Contributor
Contributor

hello

error_esxi2.JPG

How I written before, I used to the chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox, the same problem.

thanks

0 Kudos
kenbshinn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Okay so you are getting an SSL error. You can just click continue to get past the error and still be able to work with the host to do most things (Except maybe file transfers). But if you do not want to see it, here is what you need to do:

This will work for Internet Explorer

If you just installed ESXi then I would recommend clicking the continue on "Not Recommended" to get to the ESXi welcome screen. In the lower right hand corner you should see a link to download the root CA. Download it and install it in your Trusted Root Certificate Authorities folder. Close out IE and reopen it and go back to the ESXi Web page using the DNS Name and you will no longer get the certificate error.

You will also have to perform similar steps with vCenter unless you are going to use a VMCA which will then replace the SSL Certificates on your ESXi Host.

0 Kudos
sergiodiazanunz
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

Thanks for your comment, but it does not work. I do not understand which the problem

error_esxi3.JPG

thanks

0 Kudos
kenbshinn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Okay, So that message you are getting does not look like the SSL Error page. If it was a certificate issue it would look like this:

Capture--1.JPG

Now I am not able to read Spanish, but from what I am able to Google Translate, it looks like the message your are getting has to do with the level of encryption that you have enabled in your IE. I would check under internet options and look at the following check boxes

pastedImage_1.png

It could be that you have SSL 3.0 Enabled or something like that.

0 Kudos
sergiodiazanunz
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your comment.

error_esxi4.JPG

Diferent problem, but it doesn't work

thanks,

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

0 Kudos
kenbshinn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Based on your Screen shot you have SSL 3.0 enabled. Uncheck that box, Close IE, reopen it and try going to the ESXi Host again. I am betting it will work.

0 Kudos
sergiodiazanunz
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

thanks

error_esxi5.JPG

it doesn't work

0 Kudos
kenbshinn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

What version of Windows are you running?

0 Kudos
kenbshinn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Try clicking the Restore Advanced Settings button and close and reopen IE and let me know if that works.

Also do you get the same message if you use a different web browser? Firefox, Chrome?

0 Kudos
sergiodiazanunz
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks

I used to windows 10 prof  version 1809

error_esxi7.JPGerror_esxi6.JPG

error_esxi8.JPG

thanks for your help

It doesn't work

thanks

0 Kudos
kenbshinn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

What version of ESXi 6.5 are you using? Has this always been like this since you built the host or is this something new?

0 Kudos
sergiodiazanunz
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

thanks for you help

ESXI 6.5.0 vmkernel release build 4564106

The installation is new, when I go to www and create new virtual machine, I find this problem

thanks

0 Kudos
kenbshinn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Since this is a new build, is there a reason why you are using an build image from 11-15-2016?

I am betting if you can update it to at least ESXi 6.5 U1 Build number 5969303 you would have less issues.  If your hardware supports it I would recommend going up to at least one of the  ESXi 6.5 U2 builds.

You should be able to do an in-place upgrade of the host you already built, or you can start fresh with the newer build.

0 Kudos
sergiodiazanunz
Contributor
Contributor

thanks,

I test your recomendation and I going to testing.

I comment you.

thanks

0 Kudos