VMware Cloud Community
Arnold_Mishaev
Contributor
Contributor

could i install vCSA 6.7 in ESXI 6.5 environment?

Hello everybody,

Could i install 6.7 VCSA on ESXI 6.5 or it will be better to install 6.5 VCSA?

Regards,

0 Kudos
9 Replies
MikeStoica
Expert
Expert

vCenter 6.7 can manage ESXi 6.5, but it's better to run the same version. So you could install 6.7 and then uprade the ESXi hosts to 6.7 as well.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Some might suggest keeping the versions the same, but as long as your vCenter Server is AT LEAST the same version as your ESXi hosts then you have a functioning/supported environment.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Arnold_Mishaev
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you guys

so i will install the same version as ESXi 6.5

0 Kudos
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander

But as a good recommendation, for upgrading scenarios you can deploy the VCSA 6.7 first, then upgrade all of your old ESXi hosts (version 6.5) to the latest build as same as your vCenter server is, with the vCenter Update Manager (VUM) 6.7. When you successfully deploy the VCSA, you can update all the hosts safety by using the VUM, it's the best method of upgrading VMware infrastrcture.

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer if this solution resolved your problem
0 Kudos
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion

No....... dont install old 6.5.  Install and use vCenter 6.7!  The HTML5 Client is now feature complete. Or vCenter manage 6.0, 6.5 and 6.7 hosts.

Regards,
Joerg

0 Kudos
Arnold_Mishaev
Contributor
Contributor

What do you mean by "Or vCenter manage 6.0, 6.5 and 6.7 hosts."?

0 Kudos
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion

+can

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

For supported configurations, always refer to the VMware Product Interoperability Matrices

There you can see all supported configurations.

André

0 Kudos
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

yes you can install it ...

Software Requirements for the vCenter Server Appliance and Platform Services Controller Appliance

The VMware vCenter Server Appliance and Platform Services Controller appliance can be deployed on ESXi 6.0 hosts or later, or on vCenter Server instances 6.0 or later.

System Requirements for the New vCenter Server Appliance and Platform Services Controller Appliance

Thanks,

MS

0 Kudos