VMware Cloud Community
RobWindham
Contributor
Contributor

connection error using vsphre 6.0 desktop client

I am trying to connect to a legacy Vcenter using the desktop client, but I am running into an error. I installed the client successfully, but when I try to log into Vcenter, I get an error stating that an unknown connection error occurred. (The client could not send a complete request to the server. The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send). Can anyone tell me what this could be. I can log in to the web client fine, but it's kind of sluggish, so I was hoping to get the desktop client working. Vcenter version is 6.0.0 build 9291058, and it is the Vsphere Appliance. I am using the vsphere client version 6.0.0.7597.

This used to work for me on another computer that recently crashed on me. I never had any problems with the desktop client on it. I installed the same version of the desktop client onto my new computer, but it keeps throwing this error at me. So I'm wondering if there is some sort or prerequisite step that i missed. My computer is running Windows 10 1809. I think the computer that crashed was running  newer Windows 10 build, so I don't know if there could be a compatibility issue. But just looking to see if anyone has any quick fixes for this error. Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You'll find logs on both the VCSA and on the Windows system, perhaps you'll see clues in the recent entries of both.

vCenter Server 6.0 logs: VMware Knowledge Base

vSphere 6.0 client logs: Collect vSphere Log Files

Be aware that 6.0 is no longer supported, so an upgrade should be planned particularly if running any important workloads.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos