VMware Cloud Community
txetxo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

configure 2 screens

Hi
I need to configure 2 screens in a virtual machine that I have on a VMware ESXi 7.0 platform. I see that you can put 2 monitors in the properties of the virtual machine, within its configuration in the video controller section, but then when accessing the virtual machine, in Windows I don't see that it has 2 screens. This can be done?

Thanks and regards.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@txetxo 

Try connecting to the Windows OS via RDP from any system that has multiple monitors, ensuring you use all the client monitors for the remote session.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@txetxo 

How are you trying to access the Windows OS?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
txetxo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

@scott28tt Thanks for the speed in answering

At the moment I have opened the console directly from vCenter, and when I go to the screen properties in Windows, I only see 1 screen. This machine is to later set up an industrial environment and I imagine that they will be connected to it through VNC or a similar system (this is done by another company).

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@txetxo 

Try connecting to the Windows OS via RDP from any system that has multiple monitors, ensuring you use all the client monitors for the remote session.

0 Kudos
txetxo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Good morning @scott28tt , using all the screens of the RDP connection can help me to solve the problem.

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos