VMware Cloud Community
mohahostesxi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

can we use license vSphere Essentials Plus Kit to license another esxi distance (it is not managed by vcenter)

I have a question for the licensing part, when I buy a license vSphere Essentials Plus Kit I can use for example this license to license other esxi isolated, for example the kit offers 6 vcpu + vcenter if I have two esxi manage by vcenter and I have other esxi distance and no vcenter that handles this esxi (each esxi contains two socket cpu).

so, i can use my license to license other esxi or we need the three server will be managed by the same vcenter for the licensee.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Yes you can. There is no rule that you need to use the bundled vCenter. If you would like run 3 standalone hosts or 2 vcenter controlled hosts + 1 standalone that you can do it.

Regards,
Joerg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Yes you can. There is no rule that you need to use the bundled vCenter. If you would like run 3 standalone hosts or 2 vcenter controlled hosts + 1 standalone that you can do it.

Regards,
Joerg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

0 Kudos
mohahostesxi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you Joerg for your reponse

0 Kudos