VMware Cloud Community
Rachid1984
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Windows Server 2008 R2 VM sycn

Hello everybody ,

Please should be informed that we have a weird issue with Windows 2008 R2 Domain controller Virtual Machine , its time is disrupted and it is not correct. we don't know from where it is getting time . can you please help us to solve this problem .

The Vmware product used is ESXI Version 5.0.0 .

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Rachid1984
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello Jhague ,

the both method of synchronization are enabled

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

till now the time in the guest Os and the host are the same , so when i get any issue i will update you .

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Have you seen this article and is it applicable to your situation-vSphere Documentation Center

Regards,

Randhir

0 Kudos
jhague
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

If you edit the settings of the VM in vCenter and click the VM Options tab, under VMware Tools you should have an option relating to ’sync guest time with host’. If that is selected it will sync the time with the ESXi host if it isn’t the time will be determined by the guest OS itself and whatever is configured therein - e.g. if you have configured an NTP server in there - such as Windows Time Service Tools and Settings | Microsoft Docs

John Hague http://linkedin.com/in/john-hague | twitter @jhague10 VCIX-DCV | VCP-DCV 3/4/5/6 | VCP6-NV | VCP7-CMA | VCAP7-CMA Design
0 Kudos
Rachid1984
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I would like to thank you first four quick reply , i applied the solution  so i will wait for the results .

0 Kudos
Rachid1984
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello jhague ,

The option sync guest time with host is already checked in VMware tool Option .

0 Kudos
jhague
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Check out your config inside the guest OS, you should only use one method or the other otherwise the two methods will conflict with each other. What is the time in the guest vs that of the host? What issue are you seeing? The other thing is you may need to manually set the time in the guest OS as if it gets too far out of sync it will not be able to correct so maybe trying manually correcting and then monitoring.

John Hague http://linkedin.com/in/john-hague | twitter @jhague10 VCIX-DCV | VCP-DCV 3/4/5/6 | VCP6-NV | VCP7-CMA | VCAP7-CMA Design
0 Kudos
Rachid1984
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello Jhague ,

the both method of synchronization are enabled

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

till now the time in the guest Os and the host are the same , so when i get any issue i will update you .

0 Kudos