VMware Cloud Community
AvayaNishant
Contributor
Contributor

Why does VMGuestAppMonitor of VMware vShere GuestSDK need libglib.so.0 during runtime?

I executed the command make in directory GuestSDK/docs/VMGuestAppMonitor/samples/java.

The libVMGuestAppMonitorNative.so is built with the command

$(GCC)  -o libVMGuestAppMonitorNative.so -m32 -fpic -shared -I../../../../include -I$(JAVA_HOME)/include -I$(JAVA_HOME)/include/linux VMGuestAppMonitor.c ../../../../lib/lib64/libappmonitorlib.so ../../../../lib/lib64/libglib-2.0.so.0 ../../../../lib/lib64/libvmtools.so -lc

The README in directory GuestSDK/docs/VMGuestAppMonitor/samples/java says "Makesure you have libVMGuestAppMonitorNative.so and libappmonitorlib.so, libglib-2.0.so.0, libvmtools.so in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH."

Once this is built I placed this so file inside GuestSDK//lib/lib64/ and set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to GuestSDK//lib/lib64/. Then I removed lib/lib64/libglib-2.0.so.0 from the same directory.

I was able to run VMGuestAppMonitor without any error(GuestSDK/docs/VMGuestAppMonitor/samples/java$ java -cp VMGuestAppMonitor.jar VMGuestAppMonitor)

Why does VMGuestAppMonitor of GuestSDK need libglib.so.0 during runtime if it runs fine without it?

0 Kudos
0 Replies