VMware Cloud Community
mmaus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Which .vmdk file is being used

I have been fighting with setting up Fault Tolerance to work and I think I final have it working correctly, but it has ended up creating several copies of the same VM in my datastore with slightly different names...examples are TestServer, Test Server, Test-Server, TestServer1, TestServer 1, etc...

Where can I look in vCenter and\or what is the cli command to be able to view a running VM and what the exact directory it is using from the datastore...so I dont accidentally delete the wrong folder.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TotesHagopes
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The easiest way via the Web Client is selecting the VM > Edit Settings, and expand the Hard Disk in question. The specific field would be "Disk File" that contains the entire path.

To view the working directory or configuration file would be under the "VM options" tab, and viewing "VM Config File" or "VM Working Location"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
TotesHagopes
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The easiest way via the Web Client is selecting the VM > Edit Settings, and expand the Hard Disk in question. The specific field would be "Disk File" that contains the entire path.

To view the working directory or configuration file would be under the "VM options" tab, and viewing "VM Config File" or "VM Working Location"