VMware Cloud Community
Tarunrana03
Contributor
Contributor

Which VM is belong to Cluster server or not how to confirm

please guide how to confirm/ best way to check in vcenter that below vm's is cluster server or not

0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

It is not clear to me what you mean, are you asking about a vSphere host or datastore cluster or some other type of cluster?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Tarunrana03
Contributor
Contributor

If we received request for increasing Resources on that particular Windows VM so how to check  in that vm is belong to Windows cluster or not.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

What is a "Windows cluster" and why would resources on one translate to another?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

So nothing to do with vSphere cluster features, but whether the VM OS is part of a Windows Server Failover Cluster.

I guess you could check if the VM hardware includes a shared virtual disk (RDM or VMDK), or is part of a network which is used for comms between the nodes of the cluster.

I would also suggest to have a good VM naming practice and governance, that would give you the easiest way of all to just know what you’re dealing with.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos