VMware Cloud Community
morphyno
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

What does the levels from "HAFailoverLevel" mean?

I'm curious what does the "int32" value from "HAFailoverLevel" represent?

From Cluster , it states HAFailoverLevel is a 32bit integer

HAFailoverLevelInt32

From vSphere 6.0 Documentation Center , i got more info

HAFailoverLevelInt32Specifies a configured failover level. This is the number of physical host failures that can be tolerated without impacting the ability to meet minimum thresholds for all running virtual machines. The valid values range from 1 to 4.

I know if I have no failover hosts designated, the value is 0

PS C:\Users\morgany\Downloads> get-cluster | select Name,HAEnabled,HAAdmissionControlEnabled,HAFailoverLevel,HARestartPriority,HAIsolationResponse

Name                      : test-demo

HAEnabled                 : True

HAAdmissionControlEnabled : True

HAFailoverLevel           : 0

HARestartPriority         : Disabled

HAIsolationResponse       : DoNothing

Does this represent 4 instances of host failures OR something else? I don't see this being clearly represented in the web-client UI.  Also, why 1 to 4 ?

Message was edited by: Morgan Yang

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
imacfj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi, This is the value of the number of host failures that the cluster can tolerate.

If you use percentage of resources that the cluter can tolerate, then your querie will result in a HAFailoverLevel result of 0

As for why it can only be 1-4, i'm not sure.

As the below screenshot shows, you can specify this in the HA settings in the web GUI;

pastedImage_0.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
imacfj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi, This is the value of the number of host failures that the cluster can tolerate.

If you use percentage of resources that the cluter can tolerate, then your querie will result in a HAFailoverLevel result of 0

As for why it can only be 1-4, i'm not sure.

As the below screenshot shows, you can specify this in the HA settings in the web GUI;

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos