VMware Cloud Community
Ubinewbie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Web Client error after 6.7 upgrade

hi everyone,

I just upgraded vCenter to 6.7 from 6.5. Went well and completed fine, however im getting these errors when trying to access the web client via IE:

verror0.png

verror.png

Any ideas? The HTML5 clients works well no problem. Trying the web/adobe client on another browser just gives the usual 'you must have adobe' banner.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SupreetK
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Can you restart the web client service once? Does not look like a serious one.

Please consider marking this answer as "correct" or "helpful" if you think your questions have been answered.

Cheers,

Supreet

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SupreetK
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Can you restart the web client service once? Does not look like a serious one.

Please consider marking this answer as "correct" or "helpful" if you think your questions have been answered.

Cheers,

Supreet

0 Kudos
Ubinewbie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Rebooted the entire server, same problem, then restarted web client service via shell with this command:

service-control --restart vsphere-client

Said it was successful, but still same problem unfortunately. Didnt mention before but I do get the login screen, this error appears after I have entered login details.

0 Kudos
SupreetK
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hmm.. Interesting Smiley Happy Can you click on the screen somewhere outside the error window and hit the escape key? In most cases, this will return you to the web client without refreshing it.

Cheers,

Supreet

0 Kudos
Ubinewbie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Well, its working now!

Just opened up IE again, logged in, no error. Very odd, thanks for the help.

0 Kudos