VMware Cloud Community
jratter
Contributor
Contributor

We have over 600 hosts that are failing to authenticate to AD

I have turned on the likewise debugging to try and help figure out why, some hosts in the same cluster will authenticate to AD but others will not.

Over 400 hosts are authenticating and over 600 are not.

VMware version 6.5 Build 9298722

From syslog.log

2019-11-13T21:23:02Z lwsmd: [netlogon] Looking for a DC in domain 'Site Name', site '<null>' with flags 100

2019-11-13T21:23:02Z lwsmd: [netlogon] Looking for a DC in domain 'Site Name', site '<null>' with flags 140

From Likewise.log

20191113065301:DEBUG:LwCLdapOpenDirectory():lwldap.c:92: [LwCLdapOpenDirectory() ../lwadvapi/threaded/lwldap.c:92] Ldap error code: 40295

20191113065301:DEBUG:netlogon:LWNetSrvPingCLdapBegin():lwnet.c:98: Error at ../netlogon/server/api/lwnet.c:98 [code: 40295]

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank-you.

Jason.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

With that many hosts, don’t you have support? (That would be my first course of action)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
jratter
Contributor
Contributor

We do have support yes - And that support from VMware told us to set up a cron job on the hosts to periodically restart the AD service.

I am just looking  on here to see if someone has any more insight -

Here is another error -

admission failure in path: likewise/lwsmd

with the corresponding update from VMware which doesn't work because we tried it -

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/65136

Jason.

0 Kudos