VMware Cloud Community
GokulVeeramani
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Vsphere HA agent cannot be correctly installed or configured.

Hi All,

I have recently update the ESXI host from 5.5 U1 to 5.5U2 (2143827) as my Cluster has 4host with 2 with update 2 and other 2 with update after the update Iam unable to configure the HA as it shows error like

Vsphere HA agent for the host has an error:Vsphere HA agent cannot be correctly installed or configured.

Note: the Remaning 2 host which was not update can able to install the HA agent

Error.JPGIntiation error.jpg

Need Your help to resolve this issue.

29 Replies
Starbringer888
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you TomKalabis, disabling HA on the cluster and re-enabling did the trick.

ckava
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you TomKalabis!

TEST1981
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks,this works perfect on our stucked HA agent.

Just connect then host back to cluster and all green.

0 Kudos
dsritter0
Contributor
Contributor

Just performed a 6.0u2 to 6.0u3d vCenter upgrade, had the same HA agent errors on a few of the hosts in a cluster. Completely disabling HA and re-enabling it fixed it.

0 Kudos
sasser1970
Contributor
Contributor

same error vCenter Server 6.0U3 -> Thank you TomKalabis, its works fine!

jkim411
Contributor
Contributor

That fixed it for me as well! Thanks.

dgingeri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It would be NICE if VMWare would actually attempt to fix this problem.  I have this same problem with about half my hosts at work, where we have in excess of 120 across 6 states.  Each time, we have to remove the hosts from the cluster, make a new cluster, an moving the hosts to the new cluster, VMWare's official "fix" for this issue.  Well, that's a whole heck of a lot of work, and doesn't work permanently.  Every single time I have to reboot hosts, I hope to God that it doesn't happen again, and guess what, it happened again tonight, with a cluster that's had this problem twice before.  Before you ask, yes, this cluster is on the most recent patching level of 6.5, so it's current. 

It's not fixed.  It's been ongoing for over 6 YEARS now, and across 5.1, 5.5, 6.0, and 6.5!  (I haven't used 5.0 or 6.7 enough to know if it affects those, but likely.)

Hey, VMWare, FIX THIS.

0 Kudos
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander

For ancient versions before vSphere 6.0, it's better to don't use them, upgrade to new versions (on stable build numbers), and don't waste your time ...

And never forget this point: You couldn't say every problem you may be seen, is always a VMware's BUG! For example in this mentioned problem (vSphere HA), when you encounter an issue, you should first check the log files like the: /var/log/fdm.log, vpxa.log, hostd.log to find more detail about the problem, then if you couldn't fix it and it will persist and aware the company about the problem, you can say it may be a bug in a product.

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer if this solution resolved your problem
0 Kudos
PaulB2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HA would not configure on one of my clusters after upgrading vcsa 6.7 to 7.02c.

I turned off HA on the cluster, ran your steps on each of the 4 hosts (v6.7) in that cluster, then

enabled HA successfully.  Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos