VMware Cloud Community
trink408
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Vsphere 6.7u3 Cluster quickstart status, All required hosts are in maintenance mode warning

Hello,

building out new clusters with new hosts in them. I added the hosts as I normally would, they went into maintenance mode when joining the cluster, then finished.

Now I noticed in the Cluster quickstart it shows those hosts as "Not configured hosts:" and an error that "all required hosts are in maintenance mode"

I'm not sure what that messages means, the hosts are already in the cluster. I put the hosts back into maintenance mode, then exited maintenance mode. Error didn't go away.

Any ideas on how to clear that message, or if I even need to be concerned about it?

Screenshot attached of what I'm seeing.

Thank you,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
trink408
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

For anyone that runs into this issue, it's really just a matter of how you go through the cluster quickstart.

It actually had nothing to do with how the hosts were added, it was because I needed to go through the cluster quickstart "configure hosts" tab to complete the setup. Even though I had already done the EVC and other settings directly, I had to set them in the Configure hosts tab of the Quickstart for the message to go away.

It took some time with a vmware engineer for us to figure that piece out.

Hopefully that helps someone if they run into this.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
trink408
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

For anyone that runs into this issue, it's really just a matter of how you go through the cluster quickstart.

It actually had nothing to do with how the hosts were added, it was because I needed to go through the cluster quickstart "configure hosts" tab to complete the setup. Even though I had already done the EVC and other settings directly, I had to set them in the Configure hosts tab of the Quickstart for the message to go away.

It took some time with a vmware engineer for us to figure that piece out.

Hopefully that helps someone if they run into this.

tfantaci_wswils
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am experiencing the same issue.  Can you explain what you did in a little more detail to resolve this error message?  Did you have to remove the hosts from the cluster, and use the Cluster QuickStart to re-add them?

Tony

nljorgenj
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I experienced the same issue, but I just pressed the "skip quick start" in the top right corner and then everything showed up fine again. Be warned though, that this will opt you out from ever using the quickstart wizard again.

0 Kudos
Sharantyr3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello,

I just upgraded from 6.7 to 8 my vcenter, I have the same issue on all my 3 vsan clusters, I don't understand what's the issue.

@trink408 wrote:

I needed to go through the cluster quickstart "configure hosts" tab to complete the setup

I don't find "configure hosts" tab

Sharantyr3_0-1671355289326.png

The vsan cluster is running fine, ESXi are still on 6.7, not yet updated, I wan't to clear this before upgrade to 8 my ESXi.

For info, cluster is stretched with witness traffic separation network.

Any idea ?

edit : just used the skip button and nothing bad happened 🤗

0 Kudos