VMware Cloud Community
asifkh
Contributor
Contributor

Vsphere 6.5 Component list

Hello Friends,

As per the below document, vSphere6.5 components are ESXi,vCenter Server, vCenter Single Sign-On, STS, Administration server,vCenter Lookup Service, VMware Directory

Service, vCenter Server plug-ins,vCenter Server database, tcServer, vCenter Server agent and Host agent.

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/6.5/com.vmware.vsphere.vcenterhost.doc/GUID-B3A1A79B-EF9B-...

Wondering why they are referred to as components and why the below items are not listed in the Vsphere 6.5 component list

Vsphere host Client

Vsphere web client

Update manager

vsphere data protection

vshelid endpoint

vcenter standalone converter

vsphere cli

vmotion

HA

DRS

FT

Thanks,

Asif.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Because those either aren't part of vCenter Server, or they're features enabled within vCenter Server. Neither of these are components which make up vCenter.

0 Kudos
asifkh
Contributor
Contributor

Thank bro, for your response.

Seems there is a misunderstanding, I'm not talking about Vcenter Components, I'm talking about Vsphere 6.5 components.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Ok, yeah, but it's the same thing. vSphere is a bundling of ESXi and vCenter Server. Most of the things you listed fall outside of that, including the features of vSphere you listed at the bottom.

0 Kudos
asifkh
Contributor
Contributor

Thank bro, for your response.

I would appreciate it if you elaborate on it more.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Why don't you explain why you're concerned about this first? It seems like nitpicking to me. What good is this information going to do you?

0 Kudos