VMware Cloud Community
ravihardware
Contributor
Contributor

VmWare vsphere ESXI 6.0 display problem

Hello Friends,

This is Ravi from Aditya Educational Institutions.We have Dell Power edge R730 and we are runnning  vmware vsphere ESXI 6.0. we are facing 3 problems.

1. we are using vyos (linux based) for software routing. and it is giving some error (INIT: Id "To" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes).i have attached the screent shot.

2.Most of the times when i open server if i click on a virtual machine, it is not displaying the screen.i need to click on some other virtual machine and again selecting the vm in which i want to use,       then    it is showing.for this problem iam not able to see the screen of options screen (F2-Bios   Esc-Boot Menu...).we are facing too much problem.

3.when i am trying to export a virtual machine, it is taking too long Ex: Windows 7 (only os no other softwares installed) has taken 40 mins.we are using D-Link DES-1210-28 Manageble switch and Acer Aspire which is having Gigabit Ethernet card.

Fast reply may help us..

Thanking you all.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Raj1988
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This may be a sign of a problem with your storage . What happens if you reboot the server. This might be a temporary fix unless storage is fixed.

0 Kudos
khaliqamar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

is this problem is only with one vm or multiple vms are having same problem?

is this problem is related to one datastore or multiple datastores.

is storage array is fine. may be give some details here .. so people can share some good knowledge.

check your path selection policy match with other working esxi hosts.

========================

https://www.seimaxim.com/

0 Kudos
ravihardware
Contributor
Contributor

can u help me how to fix storage...

0 Kudos
planetshoots
Contributor
Contributor

0 Kudos
planetshoots
Contributor
Contributor

For your 2nd question try pressing spacebar in console window , screen will appear.

0 Kudos
ravihardware
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your helpful reply,

Of course it will, but we have another Dell poweredge-R720. In this, when i select a vm. directly it is showing the vm screen with out click mouse and keyboard anything...

0 Kudos
ravihardware
Contributor
Contributor

Hi.., as you asked i have tested..,

it is having the problem with multiple vm's but only with vyatta OS

we have 2 datastores i noticed that iam getting errot from 2 datastores vm's

but to check storage array, path selection policy match with other working esxi hosts ..., iam not that much familiar.can u suggest me how...?

pls help sir..,

0 Kudos