VMware Cloud Community
Nu11_
Contributor
Contributor

Virtualized pfSense LAN multiple uplinks

Hello everyone,

I finished setting up pfSense and everything work fine for only 1 nic, Which is connected to physical switch and all the machine connecting to it is working fine. But whenever I connect new cable to the other uplink nic I can't reach vmware portal while still connecting to the internet without any issue and the other machine connected the the 2nd NIC that newly plugged doesn't get an ip from the pfsense that been set as my DHCP too, Even manually assigning an ip for it still it doesn't connect to the internet. If the image not clear please refer to the attached file.

esxi-pfsense.PNG

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

You are talking about "other machine connected to the 2nd NIC", but there is no other VM shown in the diagram!?
Can you please clarify, and also explain how your physical setup looks like?

André

0 Kudos
Nu11_
Contributor
Contributor

I wanted the whole LAN segment to have access to the internet and the dhcp assign ip's for whoever connect through the LAN segment, But what's happening here is only one port works correctly. What worked for me is removing the uplinks from the LAN and adding them as PCI passthrough in the VM. after configuring the rules for the interfaces in the pfsense everything works fine and every device connected to the nics get assigned from the dhcp. but since they're separated interface they're in different subnet. What I will do next is bridge all the nics and make it act as a single interface so they will be in the same subnet. (act like switch basically)

0 Kudos