VMware Cloud Community
Eltharion70
Contributor
Contributor

Virtualization on multiple servers - Choosing a solution

Good morning everyone,

I am in a situation where I should migrate an active windows server
on two or three servers with a high degree of redundancy, so that they are seen

as a single server. I would like to understand which solution would be best suited to my needs.

For the backup, I think i can use another dedicated server.

(I can't use a NAS for this type of assignment). How is it possible to integrate it with the solution above ?

I would be oriented on Server DELL - R330 THCW7 with 4X4TB WD RED PRO for all the server machine.

I'm on a novice level with virtual machines, so thank you for any suggestions and advice.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
HassanAlKak88
Expert
Expert

Hello,

As I understand, you need an availability for your virtual machines.

VMware vsphere provides the following features:

- vSphere HA: provides high availability for virtual machines by pooling the virtual machines and the hosts they reside on into a cluster. Hosts in the cluster are monitored and in the event of a failure, the virtual machines on a failed host are restarted on alternate hosts.

- Fault Tolerance: provides continuous availability for virtual machines by creating and maintaining a Secondary VM that is identical to, and continuously available to replace, the Primary VM in the event of a failover situation.

- VMware vSphere Replication: is an extension to VMware vCenter Server that provides hypervisor-based virtual machine replication and recovery. vSphere Replication replaces storage-based replication. It protects virtual machines from partial or complete site failures by replicating the virtual machines from a primary site to a secondary site.

Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you think your question have been answered correctly.

Cheers,

VCIX6-NV|VCP-NV|VCP-DC|

If my reply was helpful, I kindly ask you to like it and mark it as a solution

Regards,
Hassan Alkak
0 Kudos