VMware Cloud Community
JasonShroll
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Virtual Machine reports datastore connectivity that is incorrect

We are in process of moving all of our Virtual Machines off one of our SANs and we have an oddity with one of the VMs.   It's a small Windows 2012 VM that has no special characteristics.

When you look at the Datastore connectivity for this VM, it reports connectivity to two Datastores:

pastedImage_0.png

The xio_dev01 Datastore is one of the ones that we are transitioning from and is on the old SAN.  The xio2_vm_prod09 Datastore is on the newer storage array. 

When you try migrate the storage of the VM, it looks like this:

pastedImage_2.png

As you can see, the Config File and both vDisks are in the proper place.

So that looks right.   So what is still on the xio_dev01 Datastore?   No snapshots either. 

When we browse the contents of the xio_dev01 Datastore, you don't see any folder for that VM.

This behavior continues even when you make a clone of the VM or Storage vMotion the VM it to another Datastore, specifying a different Datastore.

The next step is to power down / power up the VM, we'll see what happens. 

Anyone seen this before?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Check and see if there is an ISO attached to this VM which resides in the other data store.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JasonShroll
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Update, powering down and powering up the VM has not corrected this.  

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Moderator: Moved to vSphere

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Check and see if there is an ISO attached to this VM which resides in the other data store.

JasonShroll
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Sigh.   Yes.  Thank you.  

There was a Content Library on the xio_dev01 Datastore that it used to connect to.   I changed the VM Settings to Datastore .ISO and it dropped.

Thanks for the boost.

0 Kudos