VMware Cloud Community
theasker11
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Very Slow Deployment of VMs via VPN

Hi,

we have a ESXI server in Italy in our company network. And if i try to deploy a VM from a template with the Vsphere WebClient it works very good and is done in half an hour. But if someone tries to connect in Germany to our server in Germany via VPN he needs 18 hours to deploy only one template. I dont know why but before we had a vCenter Server and everything worked fine and fast in Germany and in Italy. But now we had to deinstall it because we didnt need the vcenter anymore. What could be the cause to this slow deployment??

0 Kudos
26 Replies
theasker11
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

On the "test computer" there is only a VSphere Client to acess ESXi Server and I want the OVF to be deployed on the ESXi locally on its datastore.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

So it's exactly the reverse of the image I posted, but the problem is the same.

A user in Germany runs the vSphere Client, connects it to the ESXi host where you are, and deploys the OVF?

If so, the data has to be transferred TO Germany (to their web browser) and back again (to the host).

Why can't you run the vSphere Client on your system and connect to the ESXi host, seeing as it is where you are??

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
theasker11
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The whole idea behind this is that there is a team in Germany and a team in Italy(where I am). We both need access to the ESXi Server and be able to deploy VMs. So I tested it in Italy and it works fine, but if i simulate that I am part of the german team nothing works and I get this error.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

So get your Germany colleagues to RDP into a system in Italy and run the vSphere Client "local" to the ESXi host - exactly the principle I described above.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
theasker11
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Otherwise it can not work without copying twice. Am I right?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Correct.

Do it the way I've described and your VPN will only be carrying the RDP traffic.

0 Kudos
theasker11
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

thank you soooo much!!

0 Kudos